The Azores are a group of islands located off the coast of Portugal. Often dubbed the 'Hawaii of the Atlantic', this volcanic group of islands are covered with lush greenery and compelling landscapes.
Terceira is one of the islands in the Azores and has a strong agricultural background. From various viewpoints around the island, I often stopped to admire the patchwork of fields marked out by low stone walls and variations in the colour and texture of the crops planted.
As with any European country, there is a lot of history on these islands. Driving around, this was demonstrated with countless little ruins such as this stone hut in the field. Often a newer building would be butted up right next to an older ruin from a previous generation (no doubt to make use of an existing stone wall), but this little hut was on its own.
As I often do with this kind of image, I've chosen to use a shallower depth of field to mildly isolate the ruined hut as an object of interest against the background.
Please note - this photograph is part of a Limited Edition, so if the dimensions or framing configuration of this particular artwork don't quite suit your space, then please contact me to arrange a commission of a more suitable print size. The following options are available:
- Extra Large (Print: 76.2 x 114.3cm | Framed: 95 x 133cm)
- Large (Print: 50.8 x 76.2cm | Framed: 69 x 94cm)
- Medium (Print: 40.6 x 60.9cm | Framed: 59 x 79cm)
- Small (Print: 30.5 x 45.7cm | Framed: 48 x 63cm)
- Premium (Tasmanian Oak timber frame, TruVue UV70 glazing)
- Standard (Black or White timber frame, standard glazing)
- Unframed (Photographic print on Hahnemühle Photo Rag®, supplied unframed in a tube)
TruVue UV70 glazing is an incredibly high-quality glass which significantly reduces glare and reflections, increasing the clarity of the framed artwork. A great option for display areas with lots of windows or lights.