If you've heard of Lake Bled in Slovenia, then the first image that probably comes to mind is the classic image from the lookout - looking down onto this beautiful little church on a small island in the lake. It's a stunning viewpoint, and no wonder it's become a popular image of this location!
And while I do love to capture lovely landscapes with lots of natural colours (blue lake and sky, lush green foliage, warm afternoon light) something about this particular image stands out to me more. There's a moodiness that I like, and the last rays of light shimmering on the surface of the lake contrast nicely with the shaded portions of the surrounding mountains.
And while it's difficult to ascertain that the church is indeed on an island from this angle, once again the contrast of the light coloured structure catching the sunbeams pops against the background foliage.
Just goes to show that while it's worth visiting the classic viewpoints, a bit of exploration and an open mind can reward you with some little gems like this :)
Please note - this photograph is part of a Limited Edition, so if the dimensions or framing configuration of this particular artwork don't quite suit your space, then please contact me to arrange a commission of a more suitable print size. The following options are available:
- Extra Large (Print: 76.2 x 114.3cm | Framed: 95 x 133cm)
- Large (Print: 50.8 x 76.2cm | Framed: 69 x 94cm)
- Medium (Print: 40.6 x 70cm | Framed: 59 x 79cm)
- Small (Print: 30.5 x 45.7cm | Framed: 48 x 63cm)
- Premium (Tasmanian Oak timber frame, TruVue UV70 glazing)
- Standard (Black or White timber frame, standard glazing)
- Unframed (Photographic print on Hahnemühle Photo Rag®, supplied unframed in a tube)
TruVue UV70 glazing is an incredibly high-quality glass which significantly reduces glare and reflections, increasing the clarity of the framed artwork. A great option for display areas with lots of windows or lights.