When I venture out to take landscape photos in nature, I'm always hoping for a killer sunrise or sunset to really enhance the beauty of the location I'm in. While I'm waiting for this perfect light, (or sometimes when it doesn't appear at all), I find myself viewing my surroundings with a more abstract eye.
Living by the ocean gives me lots of opportunities to create abstract, pleasing artwork. The movement of water can be manipulated to show increasing degrees of motion. Then I can choose to bring in the colours if they enhance the image, or alternatively play with black and white to bring out the textures present.
With this particular image, I chose to blend motion with the warm colours and tones of the pre-dawn sun just yet to rise, contrasting nicely against the cooler tones of the waves.
I've lost count of how many people have seen this image and sworn it was a painting!
And while an image like this could be literally on any coastline in the world, it was taken at Werri Beach in my hometown of Gerringong.
Please note - if the dimensions or framing configuration of this particular artwork don't quite suit your space, then please contact me to arrange a commission of a more suitable print size. The following options are available:
- Extra Large (Print: 76.2 x 114.3cm | Framed: 95 x 133cm)
- Large (Print: 50.8 x 76.2cm | Framed: 69 x 94cm)
- Medium (Print: 40.6 x 60.9cm | Framed: 59 x 79cm)
- Small (Print: 30.5 x 45.7cm | Framed: 48 x 63cm)
- Premium (Tasmanian Oak timber frame, TruVue UV70 glazing)
- Standard (Black or White timber frame, standard glazing)
- Unframed (Photographic print on Satin paper, supplied unframed in a tube)
TruVue UV70 glazing is an incredibly high-quality glass which significantly reduces glare and reflections, increasing the clarity of the framed artwork. A great option for display areas with lots of windows or lights.