This is a perfect example of the type of image I love to create. Epic sunset colours, some motion in the surging sea, all located a short walk from my home town of Gerringong on the NSW South Coast :).
I think the reason I love creating these type of images so much is because of what the process involves, and there are a few key ingredients:
- Being outdoors exploring our beautiful world. In this case, I was exploring the beautiful Kiama Coast Walk which hugs the coastline between Gerringong and Kiama.
- Watching the colours subtly shift and change as an epic sunrise or sunset occurs. Dusk and dawn are easily my favourite times of day - the peaceful transition from day to night and night to day always leave me feeling fresh and full of wonder.
- Getting right into the action! For this particular photo, at times I was knee deep in the swirling waves to get the best perspective of the motion around me. And I will note, I didn't use a tripod to take this photo either ;)
Please note - this photograph is part of a Limited Edition, so if the dimensions or framing configuration of this particular artwork don't quite suit your space, then please contact me to arrange a commission of a more suitable print size. The following options are available:
- Extra Large (Print: 76.2 x 114.3cm | Framed: 95 x 133cm)
- Large (Print: 50.8 x 76.2cm | Framed: 69 x 94cm)
- Medium (Print: 40.6 x 70cm | Framed: 59 x 79cm)
- Small (Print: 30.5 x 45.7cm | Framed: 48 x 63cm)
- Premium (Tasmanian Oak timber frame, TruVue UV70 glazing)
- Standard (Black or White timber frame, standard glazing)
- Unframed (Photographic print on Hahnemühle Photo Rag®, supplied unframed in a tube)
TruVue UV70 glazing is an incredibly high-quality glass which significantly reduces glare and reflections, increasing the clarity of the framed artwork. A great option for display areas with lots of windows or lights.