I’ve chosen to call this image ‘Fortitude’. I’m sure you can appreciate why… this tiny church - the Chiesetta di San Silvestro - is perched high in the mountains in northern Italy.
My first glimpse of Chiesetta di San Silvestro was while driving along the windy roads in the Dolomites, on the opposite side of the valley. I came around a corner, the roadside trees cleared and the view opened up - and there it was. Luckily it was a quiet day on the road, as I literally stopped right in the road, grabbed my camera and hopped out. I ran back up the road to find the best vantage point, and luckily some light started to shine through the low, moody clouds - illuminating the church spectacularly.
With this little church sitting in such a formidable landscape, it’s hard to imagine how it was built (but not hard to see why it was built there).
Please note - this photograph is part of a Limited Edition, so if the dimensions or framing configuration of this particular artwork don't quite suit your space, then please contact me to arrange a commission of a more suitable print size. The following options are available:
- Extra Large (Print: 76.2 x 114.3cm | Framed: 95 x 133cm)
- Large (Print: 50.8 x 76.2cm | Framed: 69 x 94cm)
- Medium (Print: 40.6 x 70cm | Framed: 59 x 79cm)
- Small (Print: 30.5 x 45.7cm | Framed: 48 x 63cm)
- Premium (Tasmanian Oak timber frame, TruVue UV70 glazing)
- Standard (Black or White timber frame, standard glazing)
- Unframed (Photographic print on Hahnemühle Photo Rag®, supplied unframed in a tube)
TruVue UV70 glazing is an incredibly high-quality glass which significantly reduces glare and reflections, increasing the clarity of the framed artwork. A great option for display areas with lots of windows or lights.