The Dolomites (or 'il Dolomiti') in northern Italy is one of the most stunning parts of the world that I've ever explored. To be fair - I love alpine environments. and feel so at home in the mountains.
Alpe di Siusi is an alpine plateau dotted with little huts which I imagine would spill an inviting glow onto the surrounding snow during winter. During summer, the meadows are brimming with wildflowers in full bloom, and as it turns out - some incredibly elegant horses.
This mare and foal were part of a larger herd, but as I watched them they moved slightly apart from the others, and shared some loving moments nuzzling each other.
I chose to photograph this image with a shallow depth of field in order to provide a crisp separation between the horses and the background.
Please note - this photograph is part of a Limited Edition, so if the dimensions or framing configuration of this particular artwork don't quite suit your space, then please contact me to arrange a commission of a more suitable print size. The following options are available:
- Extra Large (Print: 76.2 x 114.3cm | Framed: 95 x 133cm)
- Large (Print: 50.8 x 76.2cm | Framed: 69 x 94cm)
- Medium (Print: 40.6 x 70cm | Framed: 59 x 79cm)
- Small (Print: 30.5 x 45.7cm | Framed: 48 x 63cm)
- Premium (Tasmanian Oak timber frame, TruVue UV70 glazing)
- Standard (Black or White timber frame, standard glazing)
- Unframed (Photographic print on Hahnemühle Photo Rag®, supplied unframed in a tube)
TruVue UV70 glazing is an incredibly high-quality glass which significantly reduces glare and reflections, increasing the clarity of the framed artwork. A great option for display areas with lots of windows or lights.