As much as I love taking photos of big sweeping vistas, I also find so much beauty in the details around us. Then, the choice for me is to get in really close and focus entirely on the detail, or pull back a bit and still provide some context.
I definitely pulled back a bit for this shot among the lavender fields in Provence, France. The afternoon light, the expanse of the lavender and the hills rising in the distance all tell the story of being there.
But of course, this shot is about the details. I love playing with shallow depth of field, so decided to isolate a few lavender flowers to keep in focus.
If you’ve been to Provence, or dream of one day going there, then I hope this image sparks some memories or provides some inspiration for your next adventure.
Please note - this photograph is part of a Limited Edition, so if the dimensions or framing configuration of this particular artwork don't quite suit your space, then please contact me to arrange a commission of a more suitable print size. The following options are available:
- Extra Large (Print: 76.2 x 114.3cm | Framed: 95 x 133cm)
- Large (Print: 50.8 x 76.2cm | Framed: 69 x 94cm)
- Medium (Print: 40.6 x 70cm | Framed: 59 x 79cm)
- Small (Print: 30.5 x 45.7cm | Framed: 48 x 63cm)
- Premium (Tasmanian Oak timber frame, TruVue UV70 glazing)
- Standard (Black or White timber frame, standard glazing)
- Unframed (Photographic print on Hahnemühle Photo Rag®, supplied unframed in a tube)
TruVue UV70 glazing is an incredibly high-quality glass which significantly reduces glare and reflections, increasing the clarity of the framed artwork. A great option for display areas with lots of windows or lights.