I've always been drawn to the details in nature. This fascination was with me long before my interest in photography, so it's understandable that when I began to develop my interest in photography, I was drawn to capture the details of nature.
As my photographic skills developed, I began to search for more challenging subjects and techniques to explore. However it is definitely very rewarding for me to return to my roots, and wander barefoot along a beach or rock platform with camera in hand, and just see what interesting little scenes I can find.
While I love the texture, earthy tones and soft light in this image, I love the contrasting theme the most. And by that, I mean that we have some hard pebbles which somehow seem softened by the endless motion of the waves smoothing them into soft, organic round shapes.
And while an image like this could be literally on any coastline in the world, it was taken in my hometown of Gerringong on the NSW South Coast.
Please note - this photograph is part of a Limited Edition, so if the dimensions or framing configuration of this particular artwork don't quite suit your space, then please contact me to arrange a commission of a more suitable print size. The following options are available:
- Extra Large (Print: 76.2 x 114.3cm | Framed: 95 x 133cm)
- Large (Print: 50.8 x 76.2cm | Framed: 69 x 94cm)
- Medium (Print: 40.6 x 60.9cm | Framed: 59 x 79cm)
- Small (Print: 30.5 x 45.7cm | Framed: 48 x 63cm)
- Premium (Tasmanian Oak timber frame, TruVue UV70 glazing)
- Standard (Black or White timber frame, standard glazing)
- Unframed (Photographic print on Hahnemühle Photo Rag®, supplied unframed in a tube)
TruVue UV70 glazing is an incredibly high-quality glass which significantly reduces glare and reflections, increasing the clarity of the framed artwork. A great option for display areas with lots of windows or lights.