A fairly typical sight as you drive around Provence in summer. I can't imagine not being happy when I see sunflowers, heads facing the sun and nodding gently in the breeze. Seeing a whole field planted is somewhat surreal, especially when you get down low and surround yourself in the blooms, hearing the bees buzzing past.
I'm also immensely fascinated by the patterns of the seeds in the centre of the flowers. The precise geometric pattern follows the Fibonacci Spiral, which also appears in many other natural creations which are seemingly unrelated.
I chose to photograph this image with a shallow depth of field to provide a different perspective, and focus on the fine detail of the sunflower's petals and leaves in the foreground.
Please note - this photograph is part of a Limited Edition, so if the dimensions or framing configuration of this particular artwork don't quite suit your space, then please contact me to arrange a commission of a more suitable print size. The following options are available:
- Extra Large (Print: 76.2 x 114.3cm | Framed: 95 x 133cm)
- Large (Print: 50.8 x 76.2cm | Framed: 69 x 94cm)
- Medium (Print: 40.6 x 70cm | Framed: 59 x 79cm)
- Small (Print: 30.5 x 45.7cm | Framed: 48 x 63cm)
- Premium (Tasmanian Oak timber frame, TruVue UV70 glazing)
- Standard (Black or White timber frame, standard glazing)
- Unframed (Photographic print on Hahnemühle Photo Rag®, supplied unframed in a tube)
TruVue UV70 glazing is an incredibly high-quality glass which significantly reduces glare and reflections, increasing the clarity of the framed artwork. A great option for display areas with lots of windows or lights.